Business in Zuidas (financial)
Zuidas (South axis) is the financial business district in Amsterdam-South next to the RAI. The area has office buildings of multinationals and the World Trade Center. In 2009 more than 30.000 people worked in the Zuidas. Train station: Zuid (South) has a direct service to Amsterdam Airport and to the RAI railway station. It’s just one stop with the metro to the RAI.
Large companies in the Zuidas
– ING Group – Amstelveenseweg 500
– ABN-Amro – Gustav Mahlerlaan 10
– APG pension funds – Gustav Mahlerplein 3
– Tata Consultancy Services – Strawinskylaan 3089
– Edelman (public relations – Gustav Mahlerplein 66a
– Google – Claude Debussylaan 34
– Vrije Universiteit (VU) – De Boelelaan 1105
– World Trade Center (WTC) – Strawinskylaan 1
RAI exhibitions & conferences
The RAI is a complex of conference- and exhibition halls in Amsterdam-South. When the RAI Elicium opened in september 2009, the RAI had Europe’s largest conference centre. Tram line 4 rides in 20 minutes to Central Station. The RAI has a railway station and metro station.
Haarlemmermeer is a municipality close to Amsterdam. The city is a logistics and business hub within the Amsterdam Metropolitan Area. Schiphol Airport is located in the Haarlemmermeer. Main town in the Haarlemmermeer is Hoofddorp with a population of 73.000. Many national and international companies have their offices in Hoofddorp: Walt Disney, Holland Casino, L’Oreal, TNT, Thomas Cook.
The International School of Amsterdam is a private school providing primary and secondary education. The school is located in Amstelveen which is a part of the metropolitan area of Amsterdam. In 2011 there were scholars and students from over 60 countries.
Dutch business media
– Financieel Dagblad (FD): financial newspaper