Red Light District
If you come out from the main entrance of Central Station, then Damrak is straight for you. Damrak is 1 km long and goes to Dam Square.
If you turn left at Central Station (to the Prins Hendrikkade) then you are going into the Red Light District. Warmoesstraat is a street between the Prins Hendrikkade and Dam Square. Warmoesstraat is at the border of the Red Light District. There are restaurants, budget hotels, stores, sex shops and several coffeeshops. One of the hotels in Warmoesstraat is 3-star Hotel Luxer which has very good reviews. In Warmoesstraat are not windows with nude women. At the end of Warmoesstraat is the Dam Square with 5 star Hotel Krasnapolsky. Behind Hotel Krasnapolsky are several other coffeeshops.
Erotic shows at Oudezijds Achterburgwal
Main attractions in the Redlight District are the window prostitution, the sex shops, sex cinema’s and live shows. The best time to visit the area is in the (late) evening when it’s dark and the lights are shining. In daylight there are less activities. A canal street in the middle of the Red Light District is the Oudezijds Achterburgwal. The Bananenbar and Bananenclub with lapdance and erotic shows is at Oudezijds Achterburgwal 37. Sex Theatre Moulin Rouge is at Oudezijds Achterburgwal 5 – 7. Moulin Rouge has female striptease, banana show and live couple sex. Sex Theatre Casa Rosso is at Oudezijds Achterburgwal 106-108. Casa Rosso also has a Bananen Bar and give non-stop erotic shows.
Hotels at Oudezijds Achterburgwal
– Hotel Royal Taste (854 reviews, 8.2)
– Hotel Torenzicht (1-star, 1426 reviews, 7.3)
– Hostel Heart Of Amsterdam (2087 reviews, 7.2)
– Hotel 83 (1143 reviews, 7.2)
Oudezijds Voorburgwal is a well known street in the Red Light District.
– Hotel the Globe (623 reviews, 6.7)
– Hotel Vijaya (2116 reviews, 6.5)
– Hotel Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam (5-star hotel, 744 reviews, 9.2)
Oudezijds Voorburgwal coffeeshops
– Feels Good – Oudezijds Voorburgwal 36HS
– Bulldog – Oudezijds Voorburgwal 90II
– The Bulldog Cocktailbar – Oudezijds Voorburgwal 132
– City Hall – Oudezijds Voorburgwal 189
– Greenhouse Centrum – Oudezijds Voorburgwal 191
– Bulldog Energy – Oudezijds Voorburgwal 218
– Rock Planet – Oudezijds Voorburgwal 246
Historic attractions in the area are the Old Church (the oldest building of the city: Oudekerksplein 23) and the Amsterdam Weigh House (The Waag). Also Chinatown is at the Zeedijk.
Amsterdam Tourist Guide
Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum, Leidse Square, Rembrandt Square, Anne Frank House, Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, Leidse Square Kalverstraat shopping street, taxi Amsterdam Airport, contemporary art, Dam Square, nightclub and dance, real estate, Education