Damrak is a main street from Amsterdam Central Station to Dam Square (Madame Tussauds, Royal Palace). Walking distance from the Central Station to Dam Square is about 10 minutes. Distance is less than 1km. There are a lot of restaurants, tourist shops, cafe’s and hotels at Damrak. Along Damrak is a small harbour. Behind this harbour starts the Red Light District. The side streets are alleys with several coffeeshops.
Hotels at Damrak Amsterdam
– Victoria Hotel (**** opposite Central Station, 4066 reviews, 8.0)
– Budget Hotel Neutraal (*, 625 reviews, 5.7)
– Budget Dam Hotel (**, 891 reviews, 6.2)
– Budget Hotel The Orange Tulip (*, 739 reviews, 6.1)
– Continental Centre Hotel (*,1272 reviews, 6.9)
– Delta Hotel (***, 1106 reviews, 6.3)
– Budget Hotel Manofa (*, 2019 reviews, 5.9)
– Hotel The Exchange (***, 1833 reviews, 8.0)
– Budget Hotel Damrak Inn (**, 689 reviews, 6.6)
– Hotel Amsterdam De Roode Leeuw (****, 696 reviews, 8.1)
– Swissotel Hotel (****, close to Dam Square, 2837 reviews, 8.5)
The Beurs van Berlage
The Beurs van Berlage is a monumental building at Damrak. It was designed as a commodity exchange by architect Hendrik Berlage.(1856-1934)Nowadays it is a center for meetings, events, culture and exhibitions. Walking distance from Central Station is between 5-10 minutes.